Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

We so blessed

As I said in my last post I came home on Tueaday. Wednesday I had my first shower in weeks. It was WONDERFUL. The dry shampoo is good but not like the real thing. Then that evening about 20 members of our church choir came to our house and sang for about 45 minutes. They filled the house with music. It was so special to feel the love of so many people. As if that was not enough I had my first outing - to my primary care doc. This can be harder then it sounds. Whenever I go some place we have to take a suction machine to clear any sucretions out of my lungs if needed, and a small bag of other necessary things. Any we did it. I was very glad to see him and have him agree with us that there was no need to adjust my thryoid or fuss with my fluctuating blood sugar until my body settled down. So very nice to see a doctor that knows me. My stay at Vibra helped reminde me how fortunate I am to have doctors who know and respect each other and can access lab results from each other or the hospital with a few keystrokes on the computer. The big hug from both the doctor and the nurse were very nice too. On the way home the lung doctor called to see how everything was going. Really great people.

3 comments:

  1. Cynthia, thank you for telling me about your blog. It is so nice to feel your personality come out in your writing. You are an amazing person! Please put me on "the list" because I would like to know how you are doing.
    Heather Green (mother to Tovi and Nava)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shower after two weeks! Must have been heaven!
    We are so happy you are home, Cynthia. I don't imagine there is a more positive attitude out there than yours and it shows in your writing!
    Say hello to your housekeeper for us and even give him a hug because I'm sure he deserves it:) Love to you both. B and J

    Hope to see you at group soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you are so brave and have a wonderful husband . it must feel great to get rid of the bipap mask. I feel like dark vader . I lined up the drs for trach and peg.But not ready for it . I take my dynavox every where . Frustrating to talk and not understand me .
    Gabby Gifford sings "The sun will come up tomorrow ". it helps .
    would love to see you on face book .
    have a great day
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete