Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

ALS Walk

I am having trouble getting excited about this years walk. It was walk day last year when Dave's body started to shut down. Kari ended up staying with him and he mostly slept...

I thought that if I started early it would be easier but every time I went to the website I had trouble writing anything inspiring. Forget inspiring just coherent. I do miss my favorite editor, maybe that will be my excuse for poor writing.

So here it is a week before the walk and I am barely doing anything. Fortunately I have some wonderful people that sponsor me every year. Two even sponsored me before I asked.

I did do something new this year. A friend is a graphic artist and I imposed on him to make a sign to hang on the back of my computer about sponsoring me. Of course with Keith's skill it is way better than I even dreamed about. Thanks much. The purpose of the sign was to get participation from some of the people in the neighborhood that all know Quincy. The first time out we did not see a soul. Rethink the time of day. Again probably should have started in the summer. Did give information to two people at a function we went to. It starts the conversation so that is helpful. I will try it again next year with an earlier start.

No comments:

Post a Comment