Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Technology is good this time

Visited today with a neighbor that I met because he has ALS. Actually like many people he knew Quincy and had often talked with Dave. Orville attended a support group shortly after diagnosis. Everyone along the route to the kids house know me by sight but I might not know them. When I went into support group Orville said I know you. You are Quincys mom. I am your neighbor. Our common disease gave us an instant bond. Unfortunately he has had a more rapid progression. Caregiver Cindy and I stopped by to see him today. Had to laugh when I thought about it because our two machines were talking to each other. He can still use his hands so he talks faster than I do. It is such a perfect example of the wonders of technology. After visiting I then came home to work on a story using eyegaze. So far I have only used it for times when I am writing stories or blogs at home. I continue to use my foot when out and about. I have discovered a problem using it outside. Weekend before last was sunny and I spent as much time as possible outside. It was difficult to give up sun for writing. Actually I did not give up sun. I did manage to read some with the computer in the shade and part of me in shade. Most importantly I have lived here long enough to know that when it is sunny you get out and enjoy. Now just need someone to invent an eyegaze system that can work outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment