Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

One more thing

If it is not one thing it is another. A while back caregiver Cindy found a lump just left of my breast bone. That is the same breast that has had 2 chunks (medical term) taken out before.. Once was 20 plus years ago and the other 5 years. An ultrasound deemed it suspicious so off to the surgeon. Fortunately he did not push for anything more than taking another chunk so I did not have to argue. So Friday is the big day. Since I am on a vent and have no core strength several potential problems came to mind. I emailed my neurologist to see if we should be concerned about anything.. Todd called the social worker at the ALS Association and got advice. That led him to calling my pulmonlogist and the pre-op nurse. The pre-op nurse was very glad to talk with him and get a warning that a princess was coming. I need help getting from chair to bed and back. Cindy is not going to let anyone else help. The pulmonlogist planned to talk with the surgeon and anesthesiologist. He has way to much time invested to let them mess me up. With all the attention I think I should have a crown.. There is one more concern. We are assuming I will not be able to wear my neck brace because it might rest on the area where they take the chunk. I don't feel safe in the van or on walks without it. I think my caregivers are all worried about me having to stay home and what my mood will be. I just might surprise them and not be bitchy. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment