Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Summer


Okay so it has been three months since I have posted. Brief version is there  have been ups and downs .

June brought two visits from people passing through Portland. One visit was from some long time friends from Bakersfield on their way to visit grandchildren who recently moved to Washington. I made a good lunch stop. It's almost time to visit again. We grandparents can't wait to long between visits. For the same reason I don't expect them to stop by each time, maybe just when it times right for a lunch break. Of course the best part of June was Sam's Birthday.  His other grandparents were here too, so it was a fun day.  Sam is one of those special kids who really makes you feel special when he says "thanks I like this".

July started hot and stayed that way. I had to laugh to myself sometimes because I thought it felt good outside. The plants are not at all happy. We are in a neighborhood where most people have chosen not to water the front lawn. There are areas that have green edges where shrubs have been watered. When the tree people plant a tree many get watering bags. These make sure the  baby trees get slow deep watering. It also makes a green circle.

Todd was considerably nicer than me when he bought a room air conditioner to keep my main caregiver, Cindy, comfortable.  It looks like a minion and served its purpose well. I would stay as far away as possible or go outside as my comfort level is in the low 80's and hers, like most Oregon folks, in the low 70's. We manage to keep a happy medium and the nights cool off so I can open all the windows and my bedroom door.  If there is any breeze the wind chimes let me know. 

Since I need a nap or two every day and time to rest my eyes the time spent outside is good. We have been fortunate to have only one really smoky day from all the fires.  The air I breath is filtered so I had no problem. However I am beginning to look for rain, plants here are not accustomed to months without rain. This is one time I can hope for a good rain.  The previous was written the  two days ago.  We had a real thunder storm. I don't know if any of the fires got rain and now it is very windy.

All the yack about weather has probably bored those facing worse. What I should be writing about that is the upcoming ALS walk.  If you don't want to know about it or be asked to make a donation don't read the next entry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment