Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Update

Dear Family and Friends,

Last January I wrote about going on hospice and the right of everyone to decline medical care. My book made me choose to delay turning off my vent. It was an exciting time to see it come together. Sharing it with others added to the pleasure. Because my health was not declining and I had no immediate plans to turn off my vent I was released from hospice. I spent a delightful summer sitting in the sun and soaking up the warmth.

Now the time has come to once again evaluate my life. I'm back on hospice and planning to turn off my vent. It has been a difficult decision, especially when looking at our grandsons. Talking with Doctor Libby, my pulmonologist, gave a certain sense of peace. He has been with me since the beginning and knew I wanted to be able to turn off the vent when the time came. He also was clear that they might not be able to get me off the vent after the gall bladder surgery, I have a lot of confidence in him.


The decision has not been easy but Todd and Kari are with me. They have seen my struggle to communicate with the eyegaze system. So on October 20th I will be turning off my venting. A memorial service will be held November 7th at 6:00 at Rose City Park Presbyterian Church in Portland.
 

Don't forget to live your dreams while you can.
 

Love to all of you,

Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment