Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Poor Quincy

When we first got Quincy, I was already eating with my left hand as my right one did not work. He learned that sitting by me was that best way to get dropped food. Some days he got more than others. In addition, he always followed me to the bathroom. Any food that remained in my lap would fall as I made the transfer from my chair to toilet. As I gradually started using liquid food, there was less of chance for food to be dropped. Even when somebody else fed me, there might still be dropped food. Now poor Quincy does not get anything as I only do liquid food in my feeding tube.

Of course, being a resourceful dog he has convinced both my care givers that he is staving.  He thinks he must have a treat during every meal, which they are very glad to provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment