Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Birthday thoughts

Dave would have turned 70 today. Funny that I don't think of him as old. Before he got sick he was working with a trainer and really proud of how strong he had become. In my mind's eye I see him that way or on the boat. In the boat image he is looking at something off to port. Sailing changed us as we learned to slow down and live in the moment and see the many small wonders of our world. We never regretted choosing to spend the time aboard. As health issues changed our lives we could look back and say we did it. Dave became vehement when telling people to follow their dreams. His DO IT NOW could often be heard. We did it and have the wonderful memories. Happy Birthday Dave.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully put, Cyn. Brought tears to my eyes.
    Thinking of you both, with love.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete