Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Contrary to the impression in my last post, March was not all bad.  I already shared about the ALS gala that was fun and profitable for our local chapter.  The previous week was the second annual fundraising event for the boys school.  It too was a great evening.  Knowing parents and staff at the school makes us feel good about being part of the evening.  This is a school that is in the process of improvement as the families of the students change.

Another high point was when Yuki, one of my caregivers, finished her first quilt.  I have introduced several people to quilting, but this was the most fun.  She had not sewn since high school in Japan and wanted to keep it a secret.  This was for her mother in Tokyo.  When it was all finished we had her family for dinner and the unavailing of her  quilt.   Her college student daughter and high school son both said they wanted one.  The older son probably would not turn one down either.  Her husband figured he would be buying a sewing machine soon.  The next quilt  is for Yuki.  I think she will continue to make beautiful quilts because she focuses on cutting and sewing accurately.  She has started on hers now.  I have become a better teacher with each person.  Now I am having her follow directions in a book, and I am a reference.  By the time she makes several quilts I want her to be able to do it without me.

As you can see March was not all bad.  The biopsy from Dave's surgery came back benign, so that was good news.  He is scheduled for more tests this weeks to find out why he is having problems.  Hopefully that will be the end of the tests.  April is starting off good.  Easter Sunday was the warmest day of year so it was a new beginning in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment