Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

After a couple of weeks in a funk I think I have begun to understand why.  I had a great Thanksgiving with long time (not old)friends followed by a wonderful birthday where I had Kari and Garrett all to myself.  On top of that so many of you fantastic people sent cards and emails.  I thank each of you, it made me feel very special.  Then TCWSM did a fun dinner with chocolate milk shakes instead of chocolate cake.  I can be fed small portions and really enjoyed the chocolate.            So with all the wonderful days why was I such a grouch?  A visit from a social worker from the ALS association helped me put everything together.  Just one year ago my gall bladder started the process leading to the tracheotomy and the change in life style. I sometimes wonder if we hadn't been so focused on me would we have caught Dave's cancer earlier.  Knowing that is a unproductive frame of mind I try to move on. There are more productive thoughts. One of the pleasant thoughts is the peace that he felt the morning. after the dream that led to his sermon.  I have to admit I am a little jealous about how peaceful he was.. Usually I write a Christmas letter touching on the highlights of the year.  This year they would be low-lights.  Don't have any idea what I will do this year.             Fortunately I have many interesting things going on that stop the watching TV and playing solitaire on my computer.  Spending time with others where I feel a connection in the ALS support group and a sewing group at church really is helpful.  Who can stay down when a grand-son has a birthday?  There are 2 for us.  Walker turned 11 December 4th and Miles was 8 on December 12.   Sam has to wait until June.  Tonight the boys all decorated the tree that Kari helped get last Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment