Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas is almost here!

Wow,  Friday was busy.  It was orientation day for another new caregiver.  This time it was at my request.  Lynn had worked for another vented ALS patient for almost 2 years.  He had a very fast progression and had justification to be difficult.  I had asked for her because the training would be more an orientation. Plus I didn't want to get stuck with low coverage again.  She will work one day a week but that would keep her up to date on my needs so she could cover for another if needed.  As an added bonus it turns out she lives close enough to walk and her dogs name is Quincy!                  Being Christmas we had a bit of running around to do.  First stop was to show Kathy the completed  apron.   Then it was off to pick up some wetsuits for the older boys.  I had been emailing with the shop so they were ready for us.  Talk about service, they brought things out to the van.  Dave would have loved to wander around the place.  They carry wind surfer equipment, stand up paddle boards, snow boards, kayaks and surf boards along with everything you might want to go with the boards.  Living in Oregon you can do a little of everything . Then we made another stop to pick up an ordered item and on for a needed supply.  Yes, I am being vague for a  reason .             When we got back it was not raining so we took Quincy and me for a walk.  Sure felt good to be out.  Since there were 2 pairs of hands they were able to wrap some presents after our walk.  Sure did a lot to get me in the Christmas spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment