Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Me and my big mouth



The last post was Saturday evening when I said things were improving. Wrong. At least now I can laugh.

Now that we are using the sling all the time everything takes longer. So it is 11:00 and I am finally in bed. Kelseyann turns on the bedside vent and the heater that supplies moisture to the air I breathe starts beeping. She checked and rechecked the hose and heat sensors. It was all good. Fortunately there is a 24 hour on call person she can call. Once again Kelseyann reviews every connection with the phone on speaker. Solution? Sleep with the three note chirp of the heater unit or use the HME (I don't remember what the letters stand for.) or nose that I use in the daytime. Did you know that your nose helps keep the air you breathe moist? The HME basically does the same so is often called the nose. That was a quick and easy solution. This was followed by the on-call person making an appointment at my convenience to come to the house and replace what ever was needed. The agency sends someone out monthly to do vent checks so all the techs know the house and Quincy.

Of course I bragged about not having to do anything with my chair. Big mistake. My vent hangs on the back of the chair. Holding it on is a carabiner welded to a back plate. Not the kind of thing found at Home Deport. One of these broke so United seating gets another call on Monday. I think I should just plan on Mondays being repair day.

Let's see, I broke the BCI computer on Friday, the heat unit on Saturday and the chair vent holder on Sunday. Any bets on what happens on
Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment