Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Perfect Phrase

Everytime my caregivers need to transfer me to or from chair, toilet or bed they need 4 hands.   First challenge is preventing my head from flopping around.   Next problem is my hands.   Not only do they flop down but when moved they tend to go right back where they were.   Other times they insist on getting caught in the sling or straps.   When doing all that caregivers also are pushing the buttons on the control.   Oh they also have to guide the sling.   My head and hands refusing to cooperate often reminds me of a phrase and situation a few years ago.  

A friend came to the house to take me somewhere.   After putting on the cape that covered me and the batteries I asked for gloves.   My left hand wore my sailing gloves because they are fingerless so I could push buttons.   He helped me get it on than looked at the mitten for my right hand and said I don't think I know how to do this...   I replied think about an uncooperative two year old.   Being a good grandfather Roger said I know how to do that.   

The phrase?   That is it.   You are

No comments:

Post a Comment