Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

More writing class

Another class Judith shared a book called I remember by Joe Brainard. The idea here was to provide just enough information to allow the reader to be drawn in and form a picture in their mind. To little and the reader cannot get an understanding of what is being said. To much and the reader does not get drawn in. We took about 10 minutes to write a list and then shared them. Apparently I did not keep my list but it gave good insight as we shared and decided about pictures in our head.

 A fun prompt was: You never knew but.

 Kari the first time Nana came to see you was an interesting day. She was still as fascinated with breast feeding as she had been with Todd. Everyone had been holding you and after I changed your diaper Nana wanted you again. She had to shuffle you around and decide how she held you. It was all to much. You spit up your entire meal all over her. I was so embarrassed because I had tried to limit all the handeling. Part of me was glad because I had said you did not like a lot of handeling.
 

1 comment: