Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SUN

Since I have whined so much about the cold and rain, I better mention the good days we have had. Two weeks ago, on Saturday was the last t-ball game for Sam and Miles. It was a spectacular day, clear bright blue sky with a view of Mt. Saint Helens that you could reach out and touch.
 This was also a game they were playing on the main field. It has real dugouts and a public address system. Cindy nominated Dave to be the announcer, a job he enjoyed. The boys said they could hear their names when they went up to bat. Such fun!
That was also the first week Kari used her family leave time to be with us. She will be working 30 hours a week so she can spend more time with us.  Some of the time she will do things with Dave, some of the time she will help with my care and some of the time she will work on her first quilt. Since I have started 3 others on their quilt she figured she better learn while  I could still talk.  She is on her way. It makes it nice that she has used similar tools on paper as are used to cut the fabric.
Another bit of good news was that after trying 5 times to find a secondary caregiver we were finally successful on the 6th. This means we will have help 6 days a week and occasionally even 7. Additionally Dave can get away for a few days once in a while. My decline continues at a slow pace so we are able to keep up my changing needs. And, even more important, I am enjoying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment