Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

What is wrong with this picture

Growing up both kids had allergy problems with the typical ear infections.  I had not thought about that in years.  Then last week we had to take Quincy to the vet with ear problems.  She looked in one ear then turned to the other.  That one hurt.  Both ears were red and swollen. Knowing he had ear problems before she said it was probably seasonal allergies. Okay I knew about that, so what do?  He needed a pill every 12 hours and ear drops every 12 hours.  Not a problem, my caregivers change shifts every 12 hours so that is a good time to do it.  However that meant they would take care of first thing.  He thought that was great and started meeting them at the door expecting his treat. His pills were wrapped in cheese to make sure he ate them. After that was a little cuddle time to put the ear drops in followed up by a dog biscuit. Then they would check with me.  Wait a minute.  I think they are supposed to be my caregivers.  In the process of making sure he had his meds he now expected treats the minute anybody came in the door.  Just one more challenge.

1 comment:

  1. He will adjust when he no longer takes the pills. If you want a treat first, all you have to do is ask! :)

    ReplyDelete