Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Challenge

While Dave was having his challenges I was having fun with  the Brain Computer Interface.  If you are new to the blog check the May 7 entry.  Before my next session Betts had sent some suggestions of ways to direct brain waves so I thought I was ready to go.  Wrong.   Last time my scores were in the mid 60's.  Well this great new method gave me a score of 57.  Back to the original technique.  This only gave me a score of 71%.  Somehow I was going to beat that stupid computer.  I could have settled for 50 letters but stubborn me said no, I want the full 75. Of I went, but this time I blinked between letters at the very beginning and really emphasised the letter I was looking for.  It worked.  I was able to get to 81% ,just below the 85 needed to get to spelling words. With the score so close I was able to try a few words just to introduce the way it was presented.  At first I was completely unsuccessful but, once again, it worked better when I was very determined (some might say stubborn ) and really emphasised the letter.  Now I am gearing up for my next session

No comments:

Post a Comment