Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall has arrived

Friday we had our first rain since June.  I enjoy the smells after rain but had to think about getting to the soccer games on Saturday.  Dave hated cleaning the mud off my tires and I know the caregivers would not like it either. After checking the schedule I was pleased to see that Walker had a 10:00 game at the only field where I could easily watch from a paved surface. That was a real bonus because many of his games had been at 8 on a field that was difficult for me.  It was the first time this season I had seen him play.                Kari came up that afternoon with the pictures she had scanned.  Really came out great.  When Todd came over the three of us had the opportunity to discuss again how we wanted the memorial service.  When we had talked with the minister before we were all so tired that he could have told us we had asked for dancing girls.  That is something Dave would have enjoyed. The mental image of dancing girls going up the church aisle makes me smile.  Then we all had a good time at dinner hearing about all the soccer games from the players and the coach (mom).                    Apparently we wore Qunicy out with the soccer game, walk and evening with the boys because he did not want to get up Sunday morning.  Caregiver Kelseyann had to make the bed around him.  No, he is not spoiled.  After the three of us got back from church he was ready to be awake.                    Neighbour Liz was here in the afternoon to help with the flower arrangements.  She has studied Japanese flower arrangement.  Liz is one of those people that can take the still nice flowers out of a wilting arrangement and make it look fresh.  Caregiver Yuki and I just watched and hoped we might learn something.                  As you can see I am very well taken care of.  Every day there are many cards with wonderful notes.  Emails arrive too.  I do feel the love around me.  Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment