Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It is the little things

I think I am getting along fine until little things catch me.  For the last couple of months we had been trying to find things that tasted good to Dave.  Yesterday when out shopping I would see something and think he might like that. Almost asked caregiver Cindy to get it. We also took Quincy to the groomers and the phone number they had was Dave's cell.  The last few months Dave had been going to bed around 7:30.  Sometimes to sleep or maybe read or watch a movie.  By that time of the evening his body said it wanted to be horizontal.  My body preferred being in my chair so evenings we often did our own thing.  No matter what when my caregiver me to bed he would wake up and wave.  No matter what I still look for that wave.  For the first week I had my sister and then Cindy sleep with me so it was not as noticeable.  Of course there are the times when I think I will think about telling him about something I saw or read. I am sure these times will continue but will become treasured.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Cynthia!
    I can picture Dave's smile as he gave that little wave to you.
    It's a nice image to think about.....

    Patty

    ReplyDelete