Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Another Story

Another story Dave told on himself occurred a couple of weeks before he died.  He often wanted  to take Quincy on a walk.   Caregivers and I really didn't like him to go by himself even using his walker.  For a while he was okay with us going if for no other reason than to shut us up.  After a while it became to much.  When he stopped treatment and went on hospise he began to get stronger and started going on walks again.  He even gained back 4 of the 40 pounds he lost.  Once again we had the argument about going alone but this time he won.  Being able to do something by himself was a real pleasure.  So  when he said he was going to take Quincy for a walk I said okay and nothing else and stayed out on the deck.  (If he was telling the story he would say something about how hard it was for me to keep my mouth shut.)  After a while he came back and said you will never guess what I did.  Proudly he said he forgot his walker and didn't even realize it until almost back.  I did not know if I should be mad or glad.  Choose to be glad with a little caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment