Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dave must be laughing

When we first moved here I was very glad for the media room downstairs where Dave could have his bigTV and awesome sound system.  I did not want the living room dominated by a TV.  Well, fast forward to last summer.  Even with the stair lift some days Dave did not want to go downstairs.  There were many evenings when all he wanted to do was lay down in bed.  Solution?  Move the monster upstairs and put it on our dresser.   This gave him the opportunity to be comfortable and still choose the programs he wanted.  When I got my trache he had converted our bed to an adjustable one.  With this he could adjust his head or feet wherever they were most comfortable.                  Okay you ask,  where am I going with all this?  Moving the TV was not a high priority item so it stayed and made for fun movie nights with TCWSM.  I decided I wanted it to stay until after the Rose Prade.  I then watched some football before moving to my chair and the living-room.  Besides being bigger the picture quality was different. After talking with my architect I decided to move the monster to the living-room.  Todd knew another parent at the boys school that is a contractor.  He was willing to move the shelves with Todd as his assistant.  The shelves had been built in place so getting them off the wall took some wall with it.  After patching the wall needed painting.  So last weekend Todd, Kari and Garrett had a patch all the scrapes and holes made by my chair in the wall and touch up paint weekend.  (Cindy had drive to birthday parties duty.)  Actually Garrett did not have paint duty, he was in charge of set up and convincing my computer to talk to the TV.            So now the monster is settled in and Dave is laughing.  He would also be very proud of our wonderful kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment