Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mind Control

The  past two Thursdays I have had the opportunity to do additional BCI sessions. (Questions ? see 5/7 and 6/24)  The engineers had been working with the data that had been collected from everyone the last time around and now wanted to try the changes.  Betts explained that the first session was mainly about becoming familiar with the process again.  Good thing because I did not have the levels I had before.  At the second session the letters flashed at a higher speed and I found it easier.  Additionally there was a section were fewer letters were flashed in the sequence.  After becoming familiar with the speed, I went on to the section where I was to spell a word in a sentence.  This was where I really saw an improvement at the higher speed.  Feeling cocky, when given the opportunity to try some free spell, I said yes.  The first word was great. I did the six letters and a space, then the first letter of the second word and then I lost it.  The computer has a word prediction program that is supposed to help select the correct word.  If it starts going in the wrong direction it is difficult to select the back space.  I was only able to do it once.  It was fun to have the opportunity to try.  Now I am wondering if others will find the faster speed easier.  When I said that my mind did not wander as much at the higher speed Betts asked if I had ever been diagnosed with ADHD.  Are you kidding, 60 years ago those were the kids that were sent to the office because they were disrupting the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment