Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Support Group

Tuesday was the ALS monthly support group and as always there were several recently diagnosed people.  Five this month.  We have mixed feelings about this.  While we are very happy they have found the group it is sad that the numbers keep growing.  Social worker Lance always says it is bad club to belong to but it has the best people.                    One new person came over and introduced himself by saying he lived very close.  I often walk and roll over to the kids house so all the neighbours on the route recognize me.  This man lives on a corner and feeds the birds so I knew exactly which house.  Like many others he also knows Quincy.  And like many others he said he was very sorry to hear about Quincy's daddy.  I know that Dave had several basic walk routes but did not realize how many people he talked to.  One of the reasons I like living here is that even in winter people are outside and walking with or without dogs. People use front yards and talk to others.  I wanted a dog so Dave would have to go out when I was gone.  Guess it is working for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment