Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Makes me think

Lately I have been wondering why I am still here and Dave is gone.  I try not to go to the *what if place,* but sometimes it is hard.               Two of my caregivers are going to school and are struggling with math.  Not only could he have helped them, he would have enjoyed it.  Kari relates a story about Dave helping her with math and saying isn't this fun.  Helping former neighbour Nick was the same, he was excited about the approach being used. I know my caregivers don't think it is fun. Dave might have helped them understand it.               Dave also enjoyed kids as they changed into people with own ideas and logic.  Walker is beginning to be at the stage where his parents embarrass him.  That is an age that Pop-Pop would have enjoyed and laughed about.  Grandparents can do the same thing parents do and it is okay.           With all my questions why and how can this be right the sermon today was timely.  Things that look terrible can be okay in the big picture. When things work out might not be when we want or expect. The story about a Chinese man was especially good.  It related a series of events where what looked like good luck became bad and bad luck turned to good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment