Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Mother in the Mirror

Growing up I had often thought it was not fair that my mother had curly hair and my sister and I had very straight hair.  A few years ago I noticed that I had some hint of curl.  About a year ago I was surprised to look at the floor after getting a hair cut and see the hair laying there shaped like a C.  Ever since then I have noticed more curl.  Now whenever I see myself in the mirror I see my mother looking back. The way it comes across my forehead and goes back around my ears is just like mom.  Why my hair has changed now is beyond me.  The only unusual medication I am taking is the one drug that is supposed to slow ALS.  I have not heard anybody mention curly hair as a side effect.  I certainly don't have any complaint. It doesn't need much fuss to look decent and that is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking as your almost entirely gray-haired daughter-in-law, I think you were awfully lucky with the hair genes you inherited from your mother. :-) I too see my mother in the mirror and have to content myself with being thankful that her hair is a very pretty shade of what I now prefer to call silver.

    ReplyDelete