Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

another good day

Today was our monthly ALS support group. Last month it was the day after I had the gall bladder surgery and before the tracheotomy. There are always some new people but also plenty of regulars. It was really good to see everyone and I had lots of great welcomes. These are people who really know best what the hard choices are. Now it is time for my next adventure. Tomorrow I will have my first trach change. I must admit that I am a little bit nervous. The doctor wants to do the first one at the hospital. This is done on a monthly basis. They say in 6 months Dave will be able to do it at home. Now on a happy note. Quincy is doing much better.He even ate some dog food. Had a little bribe to get him started but he did eat. He is still on some meds so is pretty mellow. At least he is walking a bit and his tail is up. Dave gets to take him to the veterinarian tomorrow. With all this medical stuff it is no wonder Dave gets tired.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Cynthia.
    Wow, you and Dave are amazing! Only one month after surgery and you are back at support group! What a testament of your loyalty and caring for others. Your effort is an encouragement and inspiration to all!
    John and I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear how the trach change goes. xoxox, b and j

    ReplyDelete