Another Adventure

New adventures haven't stopped since we stopped sailing.
Now my adventures are technological.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Somewhat normal

Today, January 1st, is the start of our new normal. Dave was able to get me ready for church and my forth outing. It was so good to back. It was also nice that it was a smaller group. I really felt the love and carrying of every one there. Of course my computer talking for me was very interesting. We did learn we will have to allow a little more time to get me ready. I did say church was my forth outing, well what were the others? Doctor visit was the first, second was going to a neighbourhood children's book store on Christmas eve to get a book for each of the boys. Dave, Kari and Garrett all went with me. At least they left my to go bag and portable suction machine in the car that was parked right out in front. The real adventure came last Thursday when I had my nails done. This had become a real necessity as it had been more then a month since they had been cut and they were driving crazy! My caregivers are CNAs and they are not allowed to cut nails. Dave would rather not cut them, so a pedicure and manicure became necessary. Cindy was working that day so she had the privilege of lugging all my stuff. This includes the portable suction machine, an amby bag that someone could use to keep me breathing if the resperator failed. In addition there is a bag of other small things that are reccomended to be available at all times. So you can see going some place with me requires lots of effort. As we do more it will get easier and it will be a new normal. With out all the technology I would not be here or if I was I would not be as happy. I am very thankful for the chance to watch our wonderful grand-sons develope into such interesting and different individuals. All of my family is also very special to me along with lots of great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment